How do I sponsor a migrant?
Your sponsorship duties
This section explains your sponsorship duties under the points-based system, including your duties under different tiers, and your duties of recordkeeping, reporting and compliance.
As a sponsor, you must meet certain duties to make sure immigration controls remain effective. The aims of these duties are to:
- prevent abuse of assessment procedures;
- capture any patterns of migrant behaviour early which cause concern;
- address possible weaknesses in your processes which cause those patterns; and
- monitor compliance with immigration rules.
If you have any queries about your sponsorship duties, you should raise them with our visiting officers who provide advice and act as a general point of contact.
You can use the employer checking service which is a developing service that offers employers an opportunity to check the status of individuals to work in the United Kingdom.
- How we assess a sponsor’s systems and compliance
- Co-operating with us
- Tier specific duties
- Sponsor management system
You may also like:
If you cannot find what you are looking for on Findlaw.co.uk please let us know by contacting us at: email@example.com.
Furthermore, please be aware that while we attempt to ensure all our information is as up-to-date and relevant as possible occasionally some our articles may no longer be accurate.