This page allows you to download UK Border Agency’s range of information leaflets on British nationality.
The leaflets on this page should be read in addition to the information on this website and in the guidance notes that accompany the application form you are completing.
Depending on the type of application you are making, several of the leaflets on this page may be of interest to you.
Last Updated: 09 June 2011
- BN1 – British citizenship (220KB opens in a new window)
- BN2 – British overseas citizenship (186KB opens in a new window)
- BN3 – British subject status (189KB opens in a new window)
- BN4 – British citizenship – Children born outside the United Kingdom since 1 January 1983 (57KB opens in a new window)
- BN5 – Provisions for reducing statelessness (199KB opens in a new window)
- BN6 – Children who are born outside the United Kingdom to parents in crown, designated or EC institution service (220KB opens in a new window)
- BN7 – Naturalisation as a British citizen (186KB opens in a new window)
- BN9 – Children born or adopted on or after 1 January 1983 in the United Kingdom or in a British overseas territory (189KB opens in a new window)
- BN12 – Registration of someone who is a British overseas territories citizen, a British Overseas citizen, a British subject, a British protected person or a British National (Overseas) (193KB opens in a new window)
- BN13 – Registration as a British citizen by certain people born before 1983 to British mothers (189KB opens in a new window)
- BN18 – Dual nationality (185KB opens in a new window)