There are many reasons for wanting to change your name, including:
- if you get married or enter into a civil partnership, or want to take your partner’s name;
- if you get divorced, dissolve a civil partnership or end a long-term relationship;
- to take a double-barrelled name after you marry or enter into a civil partnership;
- as part of a change of gender;
- because you dislike your current name;
- to separate yourself from a particular person or a time or event in your life;
- to stop a former partner finding you; or
- to feel more part of a new family, for example a step-family.
You may also want to change a child’s name.
You may also like:
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)