Recent Legal News


Recent Blogs and Articles



What happens when I apply for asylum?

You go through several stages, and several things will happen to you while your application is being dealt with. Not all applicants go through the same procedure. If you try to use a passport that is not yours, you can be prosecuted and can be sent to prison. If you have a passport that is not yours, you must get legal advice to help you. You may be entitled to free legal advice for help…

Continue Reading

Who gets the engagement ring if a relationship fails?

You met at university a few years ago. It wasn’t exactly love at first sight, and you’ve had your fair share of ups and downs along the way, but one day you decide: “what the hell, time to propose!” You promptly head down to the high-street jewellers and buy the biggest rock on the shelf. Questions like “who keeps the engagement ring?” or “what are the legal consequences of broken engagements?” don’t even register in…

Continue Reading

What is The Family Justice Council?

The National Family Justice Council (FJC) is an independent body that was created in 2004 in order to improve the experience for users of the family justice system, namely the families and children involved. It is funded by the Ministry of Justice. Who are the members of the Council? The national FJC has 30 members. It is an inter-disciplinary body, with its members consisting of a mix of people who work, use, or have an…

Continue Reading

(Visited 43,558 times, 266 visits today)